Jul 14, 2011

Wonderful Wedding Weekend

Wonderful Wedding Weekend is a perfect way to describe this past weekend for Jonathan, I and Beth.
Yes, I included the puppy.
Anyways, we went down east to Pink Hill, NC for Stephen and Nichole's wedding, Jonathan's uncle. If you are unfamiliar with this area of NC, like I was, it is essentially out in the middle of no-where with the only thing around you is farm land.
I actually loved the scenery, it was a nice change from the busy Greensboro.


The wedding was beautiful, simple and the bride was gorgeous! The ceremony had a personal touch to it with the music and the vows spoken to each other which made it special and unique. I will be honest, there were some tears streaming down my face.
Although the best part that made it personal was that the arrived at the reception in a John Deere tractor!
"That is how you do an entrance in the country."
Need I say more? I think not.





The reception was a ton of fun!
First, a full dinner of classic eastern North Carolina barbecue was served with plenty of sweet tea.
As for the dessert, Linda and I enjoyed the display of cakes that we could chose from! Nichole had a unique idea of having a separate cake for each herself, Stephen and Ean that they use for the cake cutting. As for the rest of the guests, there were many homemade cakes of varying flavors made my the ladies in their church. It was a great idea and super tasty! :)



The rest of the night was filled with dancing! There was music that suited everyone's taste and the duo performing was pretty good! I must tell you, the pastor who performed the ceremony was also the keyboard player at the reception!
Jonathan and I got a kick out of that.
Just simply couldn't believe it.
Dancing was fun, especially because Jonathan agreed to dance with me. It was special moment for me and I was so happy. :)


Congratulations Stephen and Nichole! May God be the center of your marriage and may you always cherish each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment