Jul 22, 2011

Summer Heat

A typical North Carolina summer would best be described as Hot, Humid, sticky Heat. If it is a good day there might be a breeze.
Stepping outside feels like stepping into a giant sauna.
Some days it is simply unbearable and the only thing that you want to do is sit in a cool place and read a book while eating cold fruit with ice cream.

It has been like that especially this past week, WARNING: Heat index over 105 degrees,
and it is not stopping until maybe next week.
Waking up with motivation to get ready and walk to work has been lacking this week but I push on anyways.

So as I walk to and from work multiple times a day, I am reminded about what my army husband tells me everyday...
                  "Hydrate or die Lori, Hydrate or die!"
Thus I proceed to fill up my Camelback when I get to work and rehydrate myself for the next walk home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soo ready for Autumn! I thought the weather was changing lately, but the last two days have been hot! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete