Productive is the title because that is what I have been today even considering the fact that I have only ONE cup of coffee this morning at 6:35 am. Wow, I am good.
My productive day has already contained hitting up the gym in the early a.m, walking home, doing some laundry followed by heading into lab to get some reactions completed. Now, I am waiting on the files from my computer to finish copying to my back-up drive....something I have needed to do for a few weeks now.
It is slow because I have a lot of files containing various pictures, a large library of music, scientific software, data and of course my school work and research. These are all very important to me and I must save them because you never know when a computer will crash and burn on you....
Anyways, at the end of the day or at moments I slow down from being busy, I realize that when I have my mind set on what I have to do, there is so much which doesn't even cross my mind. In particular, I don't think about how much I miss Jonathan or about how in an hour I won't be going home to fix dinner for the both of us then spill to him about what happened in lab but instead I will be going to my families house.
All the emotions, the twists and turns that follow those initial thoughts are both good and bad.
Good: it shows how much I love him, how much I cherish his company, and shows that he is my best friend because I tell him EVERYthing. He knows my thoughts, he understands me and I feel weird being without him.
Bad: those thoughts can lead to being sad all the time, not enjoying time with my family, and ultimately not putting my trust in the Lord.
So, I guard my heart and my mind for when those thoughts of missing Jonathan come in because they come in often.
I guard my heart and my mind through prayer. Putting my trust in the Lord to keep him safe, to keep me strong, and that the Lord open up my eyes everyday to what He is doing in my life, Jonathan's life, and our marriage.
I guard my heart and my mind by seeing the Lord's blessings and being thankful.
I guard my heart and my mind by anticipating the next phone call so I can tell him about my day but mostly anticipating May 20th because I will be flying down to join him and be able to hug him again. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment