May 15, 2011

Jonathan and Beth: Double the Surpise

Meet Beth, our new German Sheppard puppy! Isn't she cute?! Jonathan and I just absolutely love her. 



Beth is just one of the two amazing surprises I got this weekend! 
First, Jonathan surprised me on Friday when he called to tell me he was coming home for the weekend! I was so excited, so overwhelmed with joy, that I skipped the entire way home! :) My dad thought I was going to break out into song because I was carrying my tote bag and my "Mary Poppins" umbrella. He arrived that night and I ran out to hug him just as he was getting out of the car. 
There is no way I could entirely express in words how much I had missed him that week as well as how much he missed me. It was definitely a great Saturday for both of us because we got to spend the entire day with each other. Though this morning we had to say our goodbyes again because he has to go back for another week. It was hard parting again but I know that I only have 4 more days until I fly down to see him. 

Now let's talk about my second surprise, Beth. 
We were told about Beth from one of Jonathan's friends when he called on Saturday wanting to know if we wanted a dog. This dog had followed a girl home one day with no tag or sign of a family. She took her to the vet and found out that she was a German Sheppard and only 4 weeks old. Normally puppies don't leave their mother until 8 weeks old which implied that she was abandoned or dropped off on the side of the road. 
It just broke my heart hearing about that. Why would anyone want to abandon puppies like that?!

After meeting her and hearing that she needed a good loving home, we said YES! We had already been wanting a dog for a while but had decided just to wait. Though when this offer came up we took it without question. 
We are both so glad that we were able to get her! She is cute and small right now but just in a few months she will be really BIG! I am excited about that because I like big dogs. 

Here are a few more pictures:
She immediately started playing with Jonathan's toes when wearing his Five fingers! 

We got her a stuffed bunny to play with and cuddle with when she sleeps. 


So cute when she sleeps! :)

2 comments: