May 6, 2011

Mixed Emotions

How can it be that I am feeling both happy and sad this week? 
Well, let me tell you....
On one hand, I'm happy because I am BACK TO THE GYM! Back to my normal 4-5 days a week in the gym with more motivation than I had at the beginning of the semester. I'm trying new forms of cardio and swiching up my strength training again.....my body sure is feeling it but I love it! :
Feeling the sweat, the endorphins running through my blood stream, but mostly the intense energy I get after working out feels amazing. Oh how I have missed all of that in the last month (or two?).

On the other hand, I am sad because I know I only have two more days with my husband before he is going to be gone for 2 weeks. :( It is the annual training for the Navy Reserves and I know I will miss him so much!
Though I am staying positive by remembering that 2 wks is nothing compared to what many other military spouses go through and that I am blessed to be able to fly down there the last weekend he is there and drive back with him. So I am spending as much time with him as possible before he leaves :).
Cherishing every moment.
Yesterday was good because we spent the ENTIRE day together! Literally. Just sleeping in late and being lazy then running errands, going to the gym, and ending the day with renting a movie. It was a much needed day and I loved every minute of it.
This weekend will be busy for the both of us because he has drill duty but this time I get to tag along because it is "Family Weekend".
It will be interesting for me because it is my first! Details to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment