Let me tell you it is not good. Especially because I love cooking, baking, eating healthy, and mostly my caffeine boost in the morning.
I know how it feels because I have been dealing with food poisoning since Sunday afternoon. (I think I got when Jonathan and I went out for dinner on Saturday night.)
I have had to only drink liquid calories like milkshakes, fruit smoothies, soup, etc. with in a few crackers and pieces of bread thrown in. All those things are not my favorite foods, I really don't like too much of any of those. I want REAL FOOD like fresh veggies and fruit, meat, a salad, cheese, etc.
Last night, I had to drink a milkshake and chicken noodle soup instead of the yummy meatloaf, steamed veggies and twice baked potatoes that my mom made for dinner. I was craving the meatloaf so bad! It looked delicious.
Though as of today, I can feel it getting better! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with a real meal awaiting me on the other side of the bright light. I am planning to take it easy these next couple of days so that I will be able to enjoy a wonderful, special meal with my husband in Charleston, SC!
Only one more day of work until I am on a plane to go see Jonathan again!
These days have made me realize why cooking your own meals at home is so important for your health. You know how it is prepared, how to prepare it properly, and you know every ingredient in the meal. If it is done properly, there is a smaller chance of getting food poisoning or even worrying about how many calories you are consuming in one meal at a restaurant. Also cooking your own meals is more fun, a good stress relief, a money saving investment but most importantly you know it is going to be healthy and that is a good feeling!
Now I want to know your input....
Do you enjoy cooking at home or going out to eat more often?
Do you like to cook healthy or old-fashioned style like Paula Dean? (Paula loves her butter!)
No comments:
Post a Comment