It's been a busy week and weekend since Jonathan and I returned from Charleston! It started with having to restock the apartment with food, get Beth back from our friend who was watching her, she has grown so much in that one week time frame. Then it was trying to establish a routine of getting to work early with the addition of a puppy. Still working on that one. At the end of all that, there were parties to attend which included lots of good food, friends and family.
We were partying because.....
First, my youngest brother Mark graduated from high school on Thursday! He is now heading off to NC State to pursue a degree in Graphic Design from the College of Design. Mark has grown up into a great man who has a love for Christ, a love for ALL people, a love for his family, but most importantly he has a servants heart. Mark has been blessed with an artistic gift that simply amazes me every time he puts his paintbrush to the canvas. The result is simply beautiful, simple, yet complex. He sees every detail in the picture he is recreating- may it be from a photograph, a landscape or just what he sees through his eyes which is equality, joy, love, hope, hurt, struggle, and the beauty of God's creation.
I know he will be great and do great things in the future wherever God may lead his life. I am so proud of him!
Then, my oldest brother John, who just got recently ordained, is now a head pastor of a church in Lexington, NC. This is a great accomplishment for him and a huge stepping point in his life. I am so proud of him!
Also, my brother-in-law, Daniel turned thirteen on May 21st! We celebrated his birthday like last year where lots of his friends come over and play air-soft war against Jonathan and I cook the fabulous cookies for the boys and the family. [Air-soft war is not the same without the real-life Soldier, Jonathan! :)]
I have been blessed with in-laws who love and support me just like my family does. It has been fun watching Daniel grow up since I have known him and I look forward to watching him grow up into the man that God wants him to be. I am proud to be Daniel's sister-in-law!
No comments:
Post a Comment