I have a blank book where I have random quotes from people, from books I have read written by John MacArthur an Beth Moore (etc) but 3/4 of the book is scripture verses. All these I have collected are words that are encouraging to me no matter what is happening.....
Read these carefully, I hope they are encouraging to you as well :)
"You and I obviously do not seek out adversity just so we can develop a deeper relationship with God. Rather God, through adversity, seeks us out. It is God who draws us more and more into a deeper relationship with Him.....
Sometimes we will be able to see how we are profiting, at other times we will wonder what God is doing. One thing may be sure of however: For the believer all pain has meaning; all adversity is profitable. There is no question that adversity is difficult. It usually takes us by surprise and seems to strike us when we were most vulnerable. To us it often appears completely senseless and irrational but to God none if it is either irrational or senseless. He has a purpose in every pain He brings or allows in our lives."
(From Trusting God: Even when Life hurts- Bridges)
When we abide in Christ the fullness of His joy invades our humanity (John 15:1-11)
"You have told us, Lord, that your beloved rests securely on you, that you shield Him all day long and he rests on your shoulders (Deuteronomy 33:12)- that though the mountains may move and the hills shake, your love may not be removed from us, your covenant of peace will not be shaken (Isaiah 54:10). Oh, satisfy us in the morning-every morning- with your faithful love so that we may shout with joy and be glad in all our days (Psalms 90:14)"
(From: 90 Days with the Beloved Disciple-Beth Moore)
Do you have any words that are encouraging to you?
Very encouraging! Thanks Lori! When I was in college I would read psalm 40 every single day...no joke! I would walk to class, get a carton of chocolate milk and a cookie and read psalm 40 outside of my first class.
ReplyDeleteIt's always encouraging to me! I have a book(s) dedicated to writing down favorite quotes/scripture as well!