Apr 9, 2011

Saturday plans & random facts

IT IS SATURDAY!
I love the weekends because sometimes we have plans while other Saturdays we don't and it is nice just to relax.

Although this weekend there are plans set, Jonathan is taking a "man-day" and taking a 20-mile hike with a friend and my brother, John while I am going shopping with my mom and my sister!
This hike that they are doing is from Hanging Rock to Pilot Mountain, NC and is a section of the massive Appalachian trail.
I would love to do the 20 mile hike if I didn't have a pinched nerve in my hip that gets aggravated easily. The most I have done is a 7-mile "strenuous" hike (as the Smoky Mountains considered it) when we were on our honeymoon. I love hiking very much and we did it a lot while we were dating but my hip can only take so much before my entire right side goes numb :(
My PT says I need to strengthen my core and leg muscles so that it doesn't get aggrevated as easily. Rest assured, I am working on it and is my main focus in the gym. It is just taking a REALLY LONG time.

Anyways, like I said I get to go shopping. It should be fun and a nice break for me since I am still writing my research proposal that is due Monday.
I'm excited though! Cathy and I are determined to take mom to Red Mango for fro-yo because we are obsessed with it.

Also, since I have some new readers (other than my family) I thought I should share some random facts about myself.....don't worry it won't be an incredibly long list...
1. I have epilepsy: have been diagnosed since I was 7 yrs

2. I have two tattoos- one is a lily (symbolizes my testimony as a believer & follower of Christ) and the other is two doves (symbolizes the marriage covenant I made with my husband and God)

3. I am obsessed with fruit and peanut butter: it is a staple in my diet. I don't go a day without either :)

4. Lilies are my favorite flower

5. I am in love with movies and collect DVD's- my collection is over 250 movie copies but I also subscribe to Netflix. Ask me anything about a movie and I will have an answer for you :) My favorite actor is Humphrey Bogart

6. I can't go to bed without everything in it's place and the dishes cleaned. Seriously, I can be falling over asleep but I will still clean the dishes- OCD just a little?!

7. If in a restaurant or shopping, I sing and dance along with the music EVERY TIME. I don't care if people see me....I like the music :)

What are your saturday plans?
Share a random fact about yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment