Haha, well last week was busy too only this time I was able to get some more sleep.
More beauty sleep that is for my presentation I had yesterday. To update, I did a great job and my research advisor was proud of me! I was super nervous because this is one of the two presentations I have to do for my Master's degree....the last one will be for my thesis. I will cross that road block in a year....
Anyways, other things big, happy things happened over the weekend at which I must share with you.
First off, I got a haircut last weekend!
I chopped off my long "Rapunzel brown hair" for a shorter, lighter look for the summer.
Now let me tell you, this is a new look for me....
I usually cut it off right at my collar bone and then add layers. Nothing special. Although this time I did the Shoulder length bob (where it is shorter in back and is longer in the front) and also parting it on the side rather than the middle.
"OH GOSH THAT is different TOO!!" lol
I love it, so does Jonathan which is a big deal because he loved my long hair!
Now you have to tell me what you think!!
Here is a picture of the before and after the new hairdo for your viewing pleasure :)
![]() |
| I'm the one in the back right....look at all that hair! With my awesome siblings and niece Ryland. Check out her face, it makes me laugh every time.....we taught her everything she knows. |
![]() |
| The new hairdo! |
Also, this weekend my oldest brother, John, got ordained into the Baptist Church! I'm so proud of him! This a huge step in his life and I know that the Lord will continue to open up more doors for him.
It was great being able to be there for him on Sunday with the rest of my family and friends.
So I want to share a little about my brother because I love to brag about all of my siblings :)
John has surrendered the Lord's calling on his life to be a pastor since he was in high school. It has been a long journey to get there but what I saw in him was that he never gave up. He always knew that it was all in the Lord's hands and so he waited patiently. John is very humble man, kind, funny, genuine and is love for his family and friends is one that emanates from him through his actions and words. Most importantly, he has a passion for studying God's word, a passion for growing in his daily walk with Christ and sharing the gospel with others. It is in witnessing that he has no fear, no shame, no doubt in what he believes and he will share everything he believes and knows. His roots are grounded deep in scripture- his roots are planted where the truth is. I greatly admire that in him! Growing up, he was a great example for me and he still is as I too continue to grow in my walk with the Lord.
I love him so very much! Here are a few pictures that I snapped during the service.....
| laying of hands....pastor's wife |
| laying of hands....pastor |
| Presenting the Study bible that reads"Rev. John C. Malek" |
| Look at all that FOOD! (there is more, I just couldn't get to it all!) So good too! that is what Baptists do every time - bring lots of Food I hope everyone is having a good week! :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment