Well, due to finals week I have been evermore glad to have leftovers and of course endless amounts of coffee.
Yesterday I attempted to make "Cheesy Gordita Crunches" for Jonathan. You know the ones from Taco Bell that are loaded with very unhealthy ingredients!?
Well, that is his favorite and I was determined to make a healthier version because I am not a fan of fast food chains.( I know I'm a little weird! )
I used my favorite whole wheat tortillas from our favorite store COSTCO, Ortega Whole grain Taco shells, and cheddar cheese with of course my spicy lean taco meat.
I thought they were good! though Jonathan says I should try another way of preparing the shells next time. Well, today I used the leftover taco meat and made quesadillas on the stove top with my grill pan:
Whole wheat tortillas filled with spicy taco meat and cheddar cheese......SO MUCH Better!
Dinner was ready in 15 minutes! Yes, I wish I could do that every night especially being a wife in graduate school.
Now to the important part where the coffee critic in me comes out:
As my blog indicates I am in love with coffee and I like to try everything once. This past weekend, I ran out of coffee and we happened to be at Wal-Mart picking up ingredients for the deserts. I usually get Eight O'clock Coffee (it's cheap and I like it) but I came across this:
Club Coffee’s Grounds For Health...... http://www.groundsforhealth.org/
It looked interesting and worth trying so I tried the Inca Trail because it is a medium-dark roast. In my opinion, it is a good well-rounded coffee: not too acidic, or bold but smooth. It also had a decent smell when opening the bag....Oh I how I love the smell of freshly ground coffee beans!
On the other hand, I wish there was more depth to the flavor. If I end up drinking down a cup in 10 minutes (of which I did) that means it wasn't a fabulous flavor, but it was alright. I would definitely rank it higher than Folger's, Millstone and Maxwell House.
All in all, for it to be at Wal-Mart and selling for a good cause it was worth the try but it won't be a regular for me when stuck in a bind at Wal-Mart. I'll stick to the Eight O'clock coffee.... French Roast for me please!
Do you have a favorite coffee? Or have a suggestion for me to try?
What is your quickest dinner? I love suggestions!
So cool that you made a healthy taco bell meal! That's my husband's favorite fast food place so I'll have to take a page from your book and make my own version!
ReplyDelete:)