"His Life is a message of hope, a message of mercy and a message of life in a dark world. On the Cross, Jesus paid the price for our sins and in His resurrection he removed the reason for doubt.
Christ's Resurrection is an exploding flare announcing to all sincere seekers that is is safe to believe."
-excerpt from Max Lucado
In my families house, Easter weekend always consists of a huge meal and everyone coming over after Sunday morning church. This year, I wanted to contribute by making a dessert.....or two! Thus my baking started yesterday and still going on today.....with a Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake.
Let me tell you about it....
Good Friday we didn't have school so it was nice to sleep in :) But then I was in the kitchen all day baking up a storm. Jonathan helped by cleaning the dishes so that I didn't have a big mess in my way. Such a sweet hubby! I started with making Peanut Butter Bars (tastes like a Reese's Cup) and my famous Lemon Bars.
My dad in particular is obsessed with Lemon bars and wants them almost every week when we come over for dinner.
He always tells me....."They have to be super tart but with the perfect sweetness, Lori." "I LOOOOVVEEE Lemon bars!"
I took what he said, found a basic recipe and made it my own. He absolutely loves them! It usually is a special father's day tradition but this time I am making them early for him. Since they have to set up overnight to be at the perfect consistency, I then went onto making Peanut Butter bars. I was in the mood to try out a new recipe and I had more peanut butter then I thought I did so I made these. We went over to our friend's (J & A) house for dinner and I supplied the Peanut Butter bars for dessert. Everyone loved them and they were a huge hit! Especially with their two little boys.
So I must share the recipe: Peanut Butter Bars
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13" pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
-Beat in eggs one at a time. Then Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then stir into the wet mixture.
- Fold in the rolled oats.
- Press mixture evenly into the pan and bake for 14 minutes (it will start to get golden on the sides).
- Remove from the oven and add the chocolate chips evenly across the top. Place back into the oven and bak for another 2-4 minutes. (Choc. chips should look "shiny").
-Take out of oven, spread the chocolate chips out smooth.
Let cool before cutting and serving!
Now I'm off to bake the Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake! I hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend! :)
just found your blog- awesome recipe! i loved the post about the minimalist shoes too... i'm looking at those. : )
ReplyDeleteAll of those desserts sound amazing!!! I wish I had celebrated Easter with you!!
ReplyDelete