- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison
I am currently reading through John Piper's book, This Momentary Marriage. In this book, he continually references Dietrich Bonhoeffer at the start of every chapter. There are so many quotes that I love but I just had to share one....for right now. It is of particular importance to me recently because I am continually seeing the importance of the words forgiving and forbearing with one another. Marriage is a gift of God given from God to us, it is just a small picture of the amazing blessings that God can give us.
Though it is not all perfect, beautiful harmony between a husband and wife. I can attest to that and I know that any other married couple can share their own experiences of ups and downs. But that is not the importance of this post rather the importance is where Dietrich says: "God gives you Christ as the foundation of your marriage."
I love the way that Piper emphasizes the importance of how Christ being the foundation leads to how we treat our spouse because as a believer "we are chosen, set apart and loved by God" . These are the roots and thus when we believe it, cherish it, and live it then those actions of love as shown in 1 Corinthians 13 and Colossians 3:12-19 will flourish. That "honeymoon" stage as everyone calls it will only continue to grow but in deeper, more intimate ways.
Simply Beautiful. Is it not?
It is something that I am continually growing in everyday as a newlywed, praying that our marriage is God-centered and God-glorified through the decisions we make but mostly in how we love one another through everything, the everyday.
As a side note:
Since I am done with classes and my stress level has gone down. I have more time to spend in the kitchen, especially in trying new cookie recipes.
I found this recipe from Whole Foods and I immediately thought of Mrs. Amber Apple because of her love for Earl Grey Tea. Amber, if you are reading this I hope you try the recipe and let me know what you think! :)
I enjoyed the recipe because it is simple, has good flavor and goes perfect with a cup of tea and coffee! I also was in the mood to try this one because of all the sugar desserts that were consumed over the holiday weekend as well as week following! I was in need of a low-sugar dessert.....So here it is:
It is something that I am continually growing in everyday as a newlywed, praying that our marriage is God-centered and God-glorified through the decisions we make but mostly in how we love one another through everything, the everyday.
As a side note:
Since I am done with classes and my stress level has gone down. I have more time to spend in the kitchen, especially in trying new cookie recipes.
I found this recipe from Whole Foods and I immediately thought of Mrs. Amber Apple because of her love for Earl Grey Tea. Amber, if you are reading this I hope you try the recipe and let me know what you think! :)
I enjoyed the recipe because it is simple, has good flavor and goes perfect with a cup of tea and coffee! I also was in the mood to try this one because of all the sugar desserts that were consumed over the holiday weekend as well as week following! I was in need of a low-sugar dessert.....So here it is:
Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
1/2 c butter, softened
1 Tbsp Whole Trade Earl Grey Tea Leaves, finely ground
1/2 powdered sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 8 x 8" pan
2. Beat butter and tea leaves until smooth and creamy
3. Add sugar and beat until smooth
4. Add flour and salt until just combined (it will be crumbly dough, so don't worry)
5. Press the dough using fingers (or a spatula) into the greased pan and bake for 30 minutes
6. Let the cookies cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment