As you know, I love to bake. I will try pretty much anything, at least once. Although my specialties are cookies and cheesecake. Anyone who has eaten them always comes back begging for more. I have studied and experimented on all different types of cookies (& the ingredients in them) as well as cheesecakes to ultimately perfect my technique.
Side note: if you want a perfect, no-crack, creamy cheesecake it is all in the mixing part and the cooling stage. If you want more details, send me a comment.
Anyways, the point of this post is that I found a new cheesecake recipe! It is SO GOOD :)
I am not the type to share my special deserts but I am going to share this one......
It is really easy, quick and delicious to make but first let me tell you a story behind this finding.....
Last week, hubby and I went to our friend's house (J & A) to watch a movie, eat dinner, entertain their cute boys and just spend some time with them. It is always fun going over there and fixing dinner because A and I split up the meal....and when that happens the meal is spectacular and our husband's love the food! In other words, it usually contains a food item or two that neither of the men get on a weekly basis. :)
Someone usually has a plan for dessert but this time we didn't! It was a tragedy considering that A and I have the biggest sweet tooths! Luckily, we found this recipe in no time, went to get the ingredients and it was done in an hour for our eating pleasure :)
Here is the recipe: I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Crust Ingredients:
2 cans (8 oz) crescent roll dough (split)
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 c white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c sliced almonds (optional)
Filling Ingredients:
3 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz), softened
1 1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix/ blend filling ingredients together until smooth
3. roll out 1 can of present rolls onto a 9 x 13 baking dish, shaping the triangles into rectangular squares.
4. Spread the filling evenly onto the crescent roll crust. Top the filling with the other can of crescent rolls, again shaping the triangles into rectangular squares.
5. Melt the butter and drizzle over the crescent roll top
6. Mix together the remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes then serve!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! You are SO gorgeous and that cheesecake sounds absolutely amazing!!! I am your newest follower:)
ReplyDeleteThe cheesecake sounds awesome!
ReplyDelete