Mar 5, 2011

A tribute to my hero

This week has seemed really long to me!? Maybe because it was the week before spring break and we are planning to go to Washington D.C. (can't wait!) or it was most likely because I was sick for three days :(
All I did was sleep for those days and I had to miss my classes. I absolutely hate missing classes but my body won the battle....this time. My strength is back though and I am feeling better. Jonathan helped by making sure I ate by going out to get me chicken noodle soup and a milkshake :)

Anyways, I wanted to share a bit of information that the Lord placed on my heart this week. Good information.
So that it all makes sense, I must begin by telling a little bit about my wonderful husband Jonathan.
Before I met him in November 2009, he had served in the Army 2nd Batallion, 3rd Infantry Division for 3 years with a 15 month deployment to Iraq. The deployment was from June 2006-September 2007.....

Dwell on this, I hadn't thought about those deployment dates much at all until the other day....
This is one of those moments where the Lord speaks to my heart gently reminding me that HE is there watching me, guiding me and protecting me because I am HIS child.
Growing up in church and in a household where my parents were my source of my spiritual guidance, I had been praying for the man that I would someday marry since middle school. I knew that God had only one perfect man set out for me to marry. It would be in his time that HE would join us together when HE had us both ready.....
Thus this brought me to the point of thinking about those deployment days. I remembered that entire year for me because I had just started college, no boyfriend, and I was focused on school and growing in my spiritual walk. Everyday my prayers consisted of praying for my future husband: "that the Lord continue to work in his heart to mold him into a man of God, preparing him for that time in which we will meet but most importantly protect him and keep him safe....wherever he may be."

I didn't know it then but I was praying for Jonathan.

In that moment of realization, I was amazed. :)
We both went through a lot before we met one another but it was all in the Lord's plan....
"You see, until you are ready and the one I have for you is ready… I am working even this minute to have you both ready at the same time… until you are both living to, which you will, however imperfectly, reflect your relationship in me. First give me time to heal your wounds, console your heartaches, and ease your disappointments. Find me time to erase the painful memories of the past. Give me time to heal you and make you whole and complete in me."


Jonathan has a shield given to him by his battalion and it says on the back:
THIS COIN IS PRESENTED TO A HERO, A MAN WHO WILLINGLY HAS DONE MORE THAN ANY MAN SHOULD EVER BE ASKED TO DO. 


Jonathan is my hero, my inspiration, my best friend, my husband and I love him more than anything in this world. Everyday I am thankful for him. He is my true, sweet, undeserving blessing given to me from my Lord.




For all who are reading this I ask: Who is your hero?  

No comments:

Post a Comment