Mar 9, 2011

Spring break! well not really...

Spring break is this week but it is not really spring break for a graduate student in chemistry. Whether it may be catching up on classes, finishing grading for the teaching labs or working in research lab, there is always something to do. For me, it has been a busy week of working in research lab all day all the while trying to finish projects and presentations for my classes. I am stressed to my max!
Though I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel because tomorrow we are packing up and heading out to Washington DC!
I am excited to just get away and spend a relaxing time with my husband. :) We are both in need of this, school is just wearing us out right now.
Why Washington DC? Well, because we are both in love with the city, museums and road trips. Plus it is not far and relatively cheap if you know how to shop around on hotel prices.

As for tonight I am going to de-stress by baking something delicious and watching LOST with the hubby :)
I think I am going to make those peanut butter protein bars I found on Peanut Butter Fingers . They look absolutely delicious! and I LOVE everything peanut butter.
Oh, I can't wait until tomorrow......but first I have to finish my lab work and go make dinner, it is my favorite Thai peanut chicken stir-fry!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I stumbled upon your blog through a google image search because I was looking up images of the logo for the national walk for epilepsy. So I read some of your writing. I live outside of DC in Virginia and I have epilepsy too. How cool that you are pursuing chemical cures for seizures! Anyway, I thought I'd link you to my blog. Do you plan to do the walk in a few weeks?

    www.dawnwhispersandshouts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete