Cathy, my beautiful, loving sister has always been one of my consistent readers to this blog even when I had no idea she was reading. It felt really good that she cared to read my random thoughts and post about life and food haha. Every month I look forward to our sister date of movies, chocolate chip waffles and maybe some shopping :)
Though the main point that I am writing this post is to tell all about Cathy, who she is and everything that she means to me.
![]() |
| This is how we roll! :) She was my maid-of-honor at the wedding. Beautiful and perfect! |
Cathy is a beautiful, strong, independent, loving, caring, protective, loyal, funny and intelligent woman. Those are only a few of the many words that I use to describe her. On the outside she may come across as tough and quiet but inside she is full of love, care and compassion for others. A deep love that overflows when it is penetrated....
She is my older sister by 5 years but growing up we were so different from one another that we weren't very close until I reached college. Even though we were different she was always there for me when I needed her, especially the times when I needed her the most. Looking back on it now, I can see the Lord's work in our lives. I can see why it wasn't until we were older for us to become closer because we specifically needed each other but in different ways....for different purposes.
Through the years I have seen her go through her share of beautiful, amazing glorious times full of joy but I have also seen her go through rough times where it seemed that there was no light at the end of the tunnel. Though as is said in Jeremiah 29:11, scripture reminds us there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I saw how my sister fought through it with all the strength that she had along with the help, guidance and love of our parents, family, friends and her relationship with Christ. At the end, she was a stronger woman in so many ways but mostly she was stronger in her walk with the Lord.
I am incredibly proud of her and the strength in which she possesses is one that I admire greatly. I thank God everyday for her because the bond that I have with her is one that could never be replaced.....she holds a special place in my heart and in my prayers.
I love her so much and I could probably go on for days about the woman that she is and how special she is to me but I must stop at some point....
Cathy, if you are reading this I LOVE YOU VERY VERY much! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment