Feb 13, 2011

Valentine Surprises

Valentine's Day is something that comes every year with the most dramatic scenery of red, pink and white in the stores with "Will you be my Valentine" heart shaped chocolates, teddy bears with hearts around their necks and huge bouquets of all flowers but with a common theme of gorgeous red roses. All of these things are for saying "I love you" to your special someone. But.....in this case it is Valentine's weekend because Valentine's Day is on a Monday and Mondays are not romantic. Everyone agrees with me on that one.
Anyways, I love my husband and his interesting techniques/tricks in order to surprise me on major holiday events such as my birthday, Christmas, and Valentine's Day. Let me make sure to emphasize he is really good at keeping secrets because I am great at finding things out.....even with the most vague of hints.
"uhhhmmmm.... it's Valentine's weekend?"
It all started last Tuesday when I hinted at what I might like as a Valentine's day gift.....nothing much was said from Jonathan about any plans. No hint or anything. Rien de plus.
So Friday rolls around and my mom is asking about coming over to dinner on Saturday night so I proceeded to ask Jonathan about Saturday night. He gave the typical excuse that he forgot about this weekend and he was really sorry so he would make it up to me by taking me out on Tuesday night.

So I just figured we were going to my family's house on Saturday but my mom called me back saying that my Dad had plans which she had just learned about.
WHAT, I mean come on, REALLY!??
I was bummed.

Though come the next day, Saturday, the hints and surprises started coming. First bringing me flowers while I was in the shower :)
 Then picking out a dress for me to wear that night, when he had told me on Friday that we would just order take-out since there were no reservations.
At that point I knew something was up! 

The night was perfect because he had reservations at Thai Pan in downtown Greensboro! I love Thai food SOOO much and haven't had it in a long time! Plus that was the same place he took me on our first "real" date. Very special :)
But the real surprise was that it was a double date with our friends, John and Angie, at Thai Pan. The men had everything planned a week ago at drill. All week Angie and I had no idea whatsoever!
All in all, it was a great night with lots of fun and laughs, good food, and a romantic evening for both of the couples. I know it is one surprise that I will never forget.
My husband's creativity for surprises astounds me every time.....I wonder what he will do for my birthday???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment