Feb 9, 2011

Matthew 11:28-30

Insecurity: lack of confidence or assurance, self doubt; a weakness inside each one of us that Satan gets a hold of and attacks us with. 


Everyone has an insecurity that brings them down. The results are sometimes seen as trusting leads to distrusting and worry, keeping them from enduring through tough times or most often, the everyday moments. Sometimes the result is as simple as seeing the blessings that God has given to them. Finding the joy in every moment. Seeing themselves as being "good enough", accepted, having faith and confidence in themselves. 
For me I still struggle with insecurities. Mine come in various forms with the extremes being from thinking that I am not cut out for graduate school in chemistry to worrying that I am not a good wife to my husband . I loathe at thinking those thoughts because they are not of the Lord. So I continue to fight through the insecure thoughts in my head through the only way that I know will help me. 
Prayer.  


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30


It is in my prayer time, I see how amazing it is the way the Lord speaks to my heart.  He continually shows me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by Him, in His image, for a great purpose. If I am struggling with graduate school and feel like giving up, I am reminded that He gave me the mind to understand, learn and teach chemistry. Not only that, but He gave me a PASSION for it....Only God can stir that passion in me because it is rooted out of desire to serve Him. It is some way through chemistry that I may serve Him wherever He wants me to be. 


Though recently, I have been struggling with the worry that I am not a good wife to my husband. It is in this that He reminds me that our marriage is a sacred covenant. It shall not be broken. It is real. It is the unconditional love that He has blessed both me and my husband with. There is no need to worry because God is the leader of our marriage- He is continually changing me, teaching me, molding me to be the wife that He has called me to be with every passing day- the affects of this it is right in front of my eyes everyday: Jonathan not only loves me but is only growing more in love with me everyday. 
There is no need to doubt. 
I am not perfect, no one is perfect because we are sinners saved by grace through faith. Thus in the moments of my insecurities invading my thoughts I give them up to the Lord through prayer....that is where my insecurities are pushed away and faith, peace, confidence reside instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment