Jan 12, 2011

Relish in the snow days....and everyday

I have been thinking about the weather and I came to notice that we have had a lot of snow in just two winters.....the most snow I have seen since I was, maybe 4 years old. It's unbelievable, especially for the "triad" since we are right in the center of the state and usually snow is always around us. North, south, east or west. It never fails to happen. until recently.
Between last winter and this winter season, we have already had 7 big snows. The last one was just Monday and Tuesday which were the first days of the semester. Thus no school = Awesome!

Tuesday was my favorite because it was the first day since the honeymoon that me and the hubby got to sleep in, not worry about anything and just enjoy the snow day. For us there was breakfast in bed, peaceful shopping at the outlets, a beautiful sweet romantic dinner out and ending with a movie in our apartment. It was great, I loved every moment of it :). Most importantly we enjoyed each other's company in a way that it was completely focused. Thoughts weren't going in a million different directions, stress wasn't building up with every move that was made or with every word passing the lips. Rather, thoughts were still and clear, stress had ceased thus every word, every action brought relaxation and joyfulness.
I didn't want the day to end....I wanted to apply a freeze-frame and just sit there in the moment and relish in it.

Thinking on it now, I pray that I apply it to everyday not just the snow days or the honeymoon days. I wish that at the end of everyday I can look back on what I did that day....what I said, the look I had on my face, the feelings or thoughts I had at different moments.....and smile.
A smile that says, I was living my day in order to show Christ and glorify God through the words I chose, the decisions I made and the acts of  love I expressed to my husband.
A smile that is thankful for having another day to experience with my husband, another day to experience God's grace working in my life, another day to teach and show others about God's grace in the midst of the God-less society, another day to simply learn more.
A smile that says "I want to apply a freeze-frame and relish now as long as I possibly can."

No comments:

Post a Comment