May 19, 2010

Colossians 2:8-10

As I was reading through Colossians 1 and 2, I stopped and dwelled on two verses because it hit home to me. I could sense the Lord tugging at my heart, giving me a gentle reminder that I needed this morning. 
Let me tell you about it but first read these two verses:


"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority." - Colossians 2:8-10


Bringing all the worries to the Lord brings about peace. A peace that transcends all understanding, a peace that is larger than any fear, worry, or burden. A peace knowing that the Lord has his hand in all situations and He will never let me go, never let me down. This peace is one in which I look for, I pray for everyday, especially on the days where I feel the world is breaking me down piece by piece. It is the only thing that brings me ultimate fulfillment and the strength to keep going.....
Though no one is perfect, including myself, and there are some days where it seems like this peace is no where to be found. It is a struggle to keep my focus thus I am thankful for my God who has placed incredible people in my life for me to talk to. My fiancĂ© told me today that "it is okay to bring your troubles and worries to the Lord because He knows you are trying to deal with the things going on with your epilepsy and sometimes it is hard. There will be times where you can't handle it all and depend only on your strength just keep looking at His blessings in your life. Look at where He has guided you despite your epilepsy because this burden is only for a short time".....That was one thing I desperately needed to hear because there are days where I feel I am disappointing the Lord because I let the worry over take me. But that is not true in this case. I just need that gentle reminder of His work in my life, that it is in the process but I don't always see it until the end when the blessings overflow. Through the process I have to remind myself that He won't dish out more than I can handle.....He understands everything I am going through and He is a constant listening hear. There is nothing wrong for expressing those feelings.....


"....The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment