Learning to let go.
It's a simple concept but ultimately a difficult one for many people to learn.
Sometimes it is letting go of something simple such as a bad habit, a childhood teddy bear/blanket as a security item, . Other times it is harder like in willing to let go of a friend that is no longer a good influence in your life, a relationship that was painful or one that you didn't want to end because it was good, even a fear/insecurity that takes over you and tears you down emotionally.
It's those times where it is the hardest. No matter what you try to do, no matter how you convince yourself to think and try to put it away, it all comes flooding back at some time or another. It's an endless cycle that leads to nothing good but rather it produces something bad....something that not only affects you but others around you in the present and future. Allowing the cycle to continue and giving up because nothing is changing is not the answer. Change won't come about until you learn to let it ALL go.
Learning to let go is when one obtains peace, joy, calmness and strength.....its the only way to stop the cycle in it's path....never to start up again.
I am writing this because it as been a issue that comes up often and I felt the Lord tugging at my heart to share my thoughts.....Letting go is the one concept that the Lord has given me the strength to do, even when it seems like I can't because it is too painful. It is in that moment I feel the sense of peace overwhelm me, like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I know in that moment I don't want to go back to the place I was before.
I desperately want everyone who is struggling with letting go to experience that same peace. The peace that can only be found in Christ; the peace that can only be found in total surrender, total submission to the Lord.
When I see others who struggle with letting go of something that is tearing them apart it breaks my heart because I understand every moment, every struggle they are experiencing.
Learning to let go is not an easy concept to learn and apply but it is the only answer to obtain peace. A peace that surmounts all things. A peace that can only be found in Christ alone, a total submission and surrender to Christ alone. Trusting that he will transform you into a NEW creation. Dwelling on the past will get you no where....if anything it only leads to destruction and pain.
Dwelling on life's blessings and all that God can do, has done, and will do is the answer. It is in that moment where one learns to let go. completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment