"A thankful heart is one of the primary identifying characteristics of a believer. It stands in stark contrast to pride, selfishness, and worry. And it helps fortify the believer’s trust in the Lord and reliance of His provision, even in the toughest times. No matter how choppy the seas become, a believer’s heart is buoyed by constant praise and gratefulness to the Lord." - John Mac Arthur
"It is better to be in the will of God and suffer than to be out of God’s will and be prosperous"
Wow, there are no words to describe how I felt when I read these two quotes this morning. Maybe I can muster up some to voice what my mind and heart are feeling right now because I wanted to share.
I knew the Lord was gently talking to me through those quotes. His still small voice was whispering to my heart....It's those moments that I love.
it made me smile....
Yesterday had its difficult moments but through it all I am grateful to the Lord. For one, He showed me that He does answer my prayers, He hears every tear I cry, He knows that my heart desires everything He has planned for me. Another, I am thankful that the Lord put my boyfriend there to talk with me. He gave me the godly, scriptural advice that I desperately needed to hear.The second quote in particular is a taste of the advice he gave me and I ended up reading it again this morning.
So amazing, I am lost for words.
Looking further, I realized my heart is at the point in which John MacArthur talks about in his quote. No matter how choppy the seas become, a believer’s heart is buoyed by constant praise and gratefulness to the Lord.
After that, the Lord brought me to step back and look upon what has been happening lately in order that I may see His mighty work at hand. For once in my life, God has placed a man in my path that I have been praying for since middle school. I feel like God is saying:
"he is everything you have culminated from the others I placed in your life....the characteristics that you have prayed about and have been searching for are ever present in him. That man is real, not just a figment of your imagination or your dreams. I have told you this all along, it just took time. The love I want for you Daughter, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, never fails. Because this love is of the spirit and not of the flesh, its natural fruit is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I cannot give this love to you in or even through another except dimly, and then only in a limited capacity- for all will fail and eventually disappoint you. This perfect love, Daughter, can only be found in me.
Don't let fear rule your decisions, let my love and my peace rule what you do. Continually seek me first and everything else will fall into place as I have planned it to. I have presented this blessing, now it's your turn to step up to the plate....."
My response to that is I am stepping up. Lead me, guide me and I will follow with no turning back.
No comments:
Post a Comment