Dec 8, 2009

"I got you"

So for some reason I can't seem to focus today no matter how hard I try. It sucks.
I have a boat load of stuff I need to do but my thoughts are located off in the far distance, totally far away from physics.....I'm going to go and try to find them.

I found them.....One thing I am thankful for today are the friends and my boyfriend who listen when I am venting about graduate school. I hate to vent to people because it is annoying but they listen and try to calm me down. It's those small acts of kindness that speak louder to me than any big gesture would. I thank God everyday for those people....that is the fellowship that I know is the type that God wants me to be surrounded by. Its those relationships that I am willing to work for in order to keep them ever present in my life...
On the other hand, I can't help but smile and praise God even more because of his continual blessing of placing new people like that in my life. He does that when the others can't be there....its His answer to my prayers; the joy to counteract the cries of my heart. Oh, how I am in continual awe of his glorious workmanship in my life. It's an amazing mystery that is unfolding before my eyes everyday. Draws me to crave the knowledge of knowing Him more and more everyday and I gladly feed that craving.

I came across a new song the other day by Leona Lewis. As I was listening to it, I was reminded of all my friends who have been there for me. A smile came across my face....
A side note: check her album out if you appreciate amazing vocal talent. Her voice is amazing. The power she puts into every note sends chills down your spine. Purely breathtaking in every sense....
"A place to crash
I got you
No need to ask
I got you
Just get on the phone
I got you
Come and pick you up if I have to
What's weird about it
Is we're right at the end
And mad about it
Just figured it out in my head
I'm proud to say
I got you"


No comments:

Post a Comment