Every word you give me is a miracle word—
how could I help but obey?
Break open your words, let the light shine out,
let ordinary people see the meaning.
Mouth open and panting,
I wanted your commands more than anything.
Turn my way, look kindly on me,
as you always do to those who personally love you. -Psalms 119:129-132
In general, the book of Psalms has to be my favorite of all time. The way that it is written can be viewed as a love song to the Lord. It's a poem of worshipful words, the kind that gets to the heart of the matter. Yes, there are times in the book that people talk to God about their frustrations, heartaches and struggles of unbelief and faith. But the beauty of that is those stories are turned to prasing God because he holds true to his promises and sweetly reminds the reader of His great, unending, unconditional love. Those words are truly the greatest love song every written and will forever remain the greatest love song. Nothing will ever measure up....it is the one that my heart desires.
Oh, love me—and right now!—hold me tight!
just the way you promised.
Now comfort me so I can live, really live;
your revelation is the tune I dance to. -Psalms 119:76-77
just the way you promised.
Now comfort me so I can live, really live;
your revelation is the tune I dance to. -Psalms 119:76-77
No comments:
Post a Comment