"Solitude is not so much the place we find answers as the place we decide if we're going on, possibly alone- without them. Many of us will. Why? Because the privilege of wrestling with such a holy and majestic God still beats the numbness and pitiful mediocrity of life otherwise. Sometimes we don't realize how real He is until we've experienced the awesomeness of His answerless presence. He knows that what we crave far more than explanations is the unshakable conviction that He is utterly and supremely God."
Today I was reading through The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore because I was killing time before my lab. I came across this quote at the end of the chapter. The interesting thing about it is that I needed to read that. God knew what I needed to hear at that particular moment today.
A lot has happened these past few months since school started. It is my senior year and I am excited yet scared all at the same time. I have developed friendships further this semester but also made new relationships that have had a huge impact on me. Even if they were short lived.
One relationship comes to mind when I think about the short lived time we had together. It has been a place in my life recently that the Lord has really been working with me on. Daily prayer consists of praying for him as well as arguing with God because I am unsure of what I can do to help him. I don't know what God's will is for my life; in relation to school and this relationship.
When I read this quote I felt as if God tugging at my heart and reminding me that He has it all under control. I have no need to worry but I should find comfort in His peace. It is finding God's peace that keeps me going strong through tough times when I feel as if I can no longer do anything. I have to sit back and watch God work in the person while ceaseless praying.
After reading that I couldn't help but smile. God revealed again to me that amazing peace I can find in Him.
As Jesus says in John 16:33: "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
It was the comfort, in this sweet reminder, that my restless heart needed today....
No comments:
Post a Comment